Join Our Growing Team
BE AWAKE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YOUR LIFE
Since 1852, Hästens Beds has been committed to crafting the best sleep. The skilled craftspeople at our factory in Köping, Sweden, have been refining our work for generations. Every bed is bespoke and made by hand using only the best natural materials. The difference lies in the details and our quest to provide the most restful sleep for people who want to lead a higher quality of life. With operations in 35+ countries and over 200 partners in Europe, Asia and America, the small family-owned company has grown into a global producer and retailer of premium beds.
Seeking a Country Manager to help us not only grow our business, but also to help grow our brand so that we can bring the best sleep in the world to more and more people.
We are on a mission to improve people’s quality of life and in doing so, we are looking for a Country Manager for Hästens Mumbai, India office. As a Country Manager, your mission is to be the driving force behind the success of Hästens stores across the country. the Country Manager in India will play a pivotal role in elevating the Hästens brand to new heights. Join us in contributing to the growth of the luxury bedding market in India. Immerse yourself in a brand that has perfected the art of sleep for generations, delivering an experience that goes beyond the ordinary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Sales and Business Development:
- Lead a team of Business Developers to achieve and exceed sales targets for Hästens products in India.
- Collaborate with partners to identify new locations for Hästens stores and support the opening of new outlets.
- Work closely with the team to ensure the success and profitability of existing Hästens stores.
- Provide strong leadership to the Business Development team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
- Motivate and guide the team to drive sales, build strong relationships with partners, and achieve business goals.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with investors and partners to ensure alignment with Hästens' objectives.
- Collaborate with partners to strategize and execute plans for the growth of Hästens stores in India.
- Stay informed about market trends, competitor activities, and customer preferences to drive informed decision-making.
- Use market insights to develop and adjust sales strategies for optimal performance.
- Collaborate with internal teams to provide operational support to Hästens stores, ensuring compliance with brand standards.
- Work with partners to resolve operational challenges and optimize store performance.
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of sales and business development efforts.
- Regularly report on the team's performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure performance on important KPIs, including payment aging, stock aging, customer service errands, order errands, and customer response time.
- Collaborate with the finance department to develop and manage budgets for sales and business development activities.
- Ensure cost-effectiveness and efficiency in all operations related to sales and business expansion.
Represent Our Blue Check Cultures and Values:
Embody Hästens' Blue Check cultures and values, fostering a positive work environment and a health-conscious lifestyle.
Uphold the AWAKE, ENLIGHTENED, EMPOWERED, COMMITTED, OPEN, BUSINESS MINDED, ACCOUNTABLE, SERVING, and LOVING principles in all aspects of work.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or a related field. An MBA. A double education architect/designer and bachelor/MBA in business development, international business, sales, marketing is an advantage.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in direct Sales/Retail and/or Wholesale experience (preferably luxury retail).
- Experience in premium/luxury retail/wholesale of international/European well know brand.
- An experience in relation with premium solutions/home/decoration/well-being/hospitality/automotive/Luxury goods/ product or solution of high value propositions.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and manage a diverse team.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the Indian market and business landscape.
- Experience in franchise or partnership management is desirable.
- Experience with event coordination is a plus.
- Track record of tangible successes made, shaping distribution, managing flagship, brand management role (for a brand directly or a local well known distributor.
- Connected with HNWI and UHNWIs, and the HENRYs categories of India (High Earners, Not Rich Yet 250k – 500k € per annum) is an advantage.
- Well connected with top tier architects/designers/ marketing agencies is an advantage.
We are diligent when screening for talent, perks of that is that you will work with equally fantastic people.
Hang in there and be persistent in the recruitment process that consists of the following:
- You apply with your CV, and a short cover letter.
- We send you a digital Personality & Logic test that will test your skills.
- We ask you to submit a short video answering some questions about yourself.
- We interview you 4-6 times, nothing that you should be scared off - we just want to experience all beautiful shades of you.
Hästens Beds is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Location: Mumbai, India