Do you dream of changing peoples’ lives through extraordinary sleep?
At Hästens, we strive for a world where people sleep well – one that’s more joyful, peaceful and loving. Every day since 1852, we continue to hone our world-class craft in our factory in Köping, Sweden.
Join our tribe of extraordinary creative thinkers and visionaries to embody the Spirit of Hästens: an open mind, global outlook and a desire to master our craft and enhance people’s well-being.
Together, let’s awaken the world.
About the role
We are looking for a full-time, skilled Accountant to provide financial, administrative and clerk services for different legal entities of Hästens group.
This position will be responsible for performing of a variety of financial duties in different legal umbrellas in different countries such as Malta, Belgium, Hong Kong and Germany
- Assisting Accounts Receivable team with a small portfolio of customer accounts in the Maltese company
- Prepare customer statements, invoices and credit notes
- Respond to customer and Sales Representatives’ enquiries regarding account status
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable and Collector Ledger
- Collating information for VAT and tax reporting purposes
- Process incoming and outgoing payments
- Bank reconciliation
- Processing and paying suppliers’ invoices
- Maintaining prepayments, accruals and fixed asset registers
- Completing the accountancy routine of Hastens retail store
- Preparing monthly management accounts (BS & PL) and annual financial statements for the retail store
- Assist on stocktaking procedures and inventory adjustments in the accounting system
- Oversee other external accountants
- Support and ensure compliance with all finance filing requirements, tax filing
- Coordinate and liaise with external parties like external auditors, accounting agency, tax agents, corporate secretarial agents, local tax and government authorities where required
- Maintain inter-company balances, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies
- Deliver periodic financial reports to management
- Assist on new processes and systems integration implementation
Skills and requirements
- ACCA certification
- Fluent in English
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience with Quickbooks, Sales Force or Rootstock is an advantage
About Hästens Beds
Sleep may be today’s ultimate modern luxury. But it’s more than that; it’s a biological necessity and the foundation of our entire wellbeing. We want people to sleep well so that they can create the future they dream of upon waking. That’s why our master craftsmen consider and handcraft every detail of our bespoke designs using only the finest natural materials.
We are proud to be a world-class international brand, operating in more than 40 countries with over 300 partners in Europe, Asia, America and Africa – and still growing.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits program.
Commitment Hästens Beds is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status.