Do you dream of changing peoples’ lives through extraordinary sleep?
At Hästens, we strive for a world where people sleep well – one that’s more joyful, peaceful and loving. Every day since 1852, we continue to hone our world-class craft in our factory in Köping, Sweden.
Join our tribe of extraordinary creative thinkers and visionaries to embody the Spirit of Hästens: an open mind, global outlook and a desire to master our craft and enhance people’s well-being.
Together, let’s awaken the world.
As a Store Manager in a Hästens store, you will cultivate and work together with a passionate team, driving sales, and creating the best possible environment for customers to experience quality sleep; offering a world-class service in line with our brand’s premium identity.
The Store Manager will be a multi-faceted role as key ambassador within the community. Think of yourself as hosting an experience and forging relationships rather than coaching your team through transactions. The purchase of a Hästens Bed is a lifestyle investment which often entails multiple visits to a store to experience what good sleep actually feels like. The Store Manager should, along with the sales associate(s) ensure that customers feel welcome and safe enough to close their eyes and relax into the best sleep of their life. There is enormous trust placed on the Store Manager, so it is important to emphasize the sensibility and people-skills of this role, both in dealing with internal staff/sales associates and potential customers.
A focus on flawless and efficient after-sell premium client experience is paramount and often yields repeat business and referrals.
In your role as Store Manager, you will elevate the customer, enabling them to make a sound investment and enjoy their bed purchase effortlessly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates as a full and equal partner in the global retail team, with an active voice on function-wide leadership.
- Takes a company view in every decision. Balances short and long-term implications, developing and protecting the Hästens brand and business.
- Is a true partner to all global retail team members, providing honest and constructive feedback and peer-coaching, and candidly seeking support and advice from the other members. Sees the long-term success of all GLT members as part of his/her own success.
- Creates and leads an efficient store organizational structure. Ensures clarity of roles and responsibilities in all key store processes. Drives and monitors the effectiveness of team and individual incentives.
- Ensures all positions are staffed with passionate employees.
- Drives for strong teamwork, ensuring work and efforts are leveraged across the team. Creates an environment in which everyone feels empowered to contribute and provide feedback on how to improve the business.
- Actively manages talent, creating development opportunities, coaching and empowering the team to high levels of performance.
- Holds the customer as the central focus point of all store activity.
- Drives for an increase in repeat and referral.
- Executes store business plans that align with and achieve the broader organizational objectives.
- Manages the profit and loss for the managed store.
- Supports, monitors and controls the budgets for the stores.
- Ensures fulfillment and distribution of orders and maintains levels of supplies and inventory.
- Ensure the structure, framework and systems are in place to operate store effectively (including inventory checks, cycle checks, monthly check of supplies, vendor accounts creation and maintenance).
- Ensures all stores are on brand, reinforcing the Hästens values and customer proposition.
- Coordinates with Sales Manager to follow through with local marketing strategy and tactics for the stores. Focuses on generating business and driving traffic to the stores. Works with the regional and global teams to implement and utilize effective local marketing and PR actions.
- Actively engages the team in the marketing of the stores. Drives the generation of ideas about what can be done locally (marketing, events, partnerships, etc.).
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of direct Retail experience
- Experience managing people
- Learning agile; able to pick up the skills and grow into the position
- Must be passionate about retail excellence
- Must possess a player-coach mentality and approach
- Computer literacy required (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Possess strong quantitative, strategic, and organizational skills
- Polished and professional image to align with Hästens’ brand
Sleep may be today’s ultimate modern luxury. But it’s more than that; it’s a biological necessity and the foundation of our entire wellbeing. We want people to sleep well so that they can create the future they dream of upon waking. That’s why our master craftsmen consider and handcraft every detail of our bespoke designs using only the finest natural materials.
We are proud to be a world-class international brand, operating in more than 40 countries with over 300 partners in Europe, Asia, America and Africa – and still growing.