Do you dream of changing peoples’ lives through extraordinary sleep?
At Hästens, we strive for a world where people sleep well – one that’s more joyful, peaceful and loving. Every day since 1852, we continue to hone our world-class craft in our factory in Köping, Sweden.
Join our tribe of extraordinary creative thinkers and visionaries to embody the Spirit of Hästens: an open mind, global outlook and a desire to master our craft and enhance people’s well-being.
We are on a mission to improve people’s quality of life and in doing so, we are looking for a senior accountant for Hästens Amsterdam or Malta.
- Handle accounts for different companies of Hastens group that involves Retail, Wholesale, Hospitality & e-commerce.
- Ensures the integrity of the Dutch companies accounts by entering accurate data in a timely manner
- Maintain inter-company balances, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Processing and paying suppliers’ invoices
- Billing customers and booking incoming payments
- Dealing with employee expenses, payroll bookkeeping and holiday accruals
- Group Billings
- Maintaining prepayments, accruals and fixed asset registers
- Assist on stocktaking procedures and inventory adjustments in the accounting system
- Preparing monthly management accounts (BS & PL) and annual financial statements
- Collating information for VAT and tax reporting purposes
- OSS declaration: One Stop Shop VAT returns, for e-commerce
- Support and ensure compliance with all finance filing requirements, tax filing
- Coordinate and liaise with external parties like external auditors, accounting agency, tax agents, corporate secretarial agents, local tax and government authorities where required
- Assist on new processes and systems integration implementation for retail, wholesale, hospitality and e-commerce.
- Participate on ERP projects and other ad-hoc projects when needed
- Generate ad-hoc financial reports to support management in the decision-making process
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; Fully qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent)
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with Quickbooks, Sales Force or Rootstock is an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Dutch is an advantage
Senior Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
- We are looking for an energetic, skilled and proactive Senior accountant, with strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Have their own initiatives
- Well organised with a hands-on problem-solving attitude
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Flexible and can meet internal and statutory deadlines
- Good level of Excel knowledge
- Experience with ERP implementation is an advantage
About Hästens Beds
Sleep may be today’s ultimate modern luxury. But it’s more than that; it’s a biological necessity and the foundation of our entire wellbeing. We want people to sleep well so that they can create the future they dream of upon waking. That’s why our master craftsmen consider and handcraft every detail of our bespoke designs using only the finest natural materials.
We are proud to be a world-class international brand, operating in more than 40 countries with over 300 partners in Europe, Asia, America and Africa – and still growing.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits program.
Commitment Hästens Beds is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status.