Do you dream of changing peoples’ lives through extraordinary sleep?
At Hästens, we strive for a world where people sleep well – one that’s more joyful, peaceful and loving. Every day since 1852, we continue to hone our world-class craft in our factory in Köping, Sweden.
Join our tribe of extraordinary creative thinkers and visionaries to embody the Spirit of Hästens: an open mind, global outlook and a desire to master our craft and enhance people’s well-being.
Together, let’s awaken the world.
About the role
The Strategic Purchaser have the task and responsibility to ensure that our global suppliers performing on the highest quality standards, Spirit of Hästens and secure on time delivery. Furthermore, an important part is to work with supplier management to identify savings and other improvements.
A teamplayer with the willingness to drive improvements creating excellence in operations and customer value.
- Create business action plan with suppliers securing our growth and quality standards
- Ensure continuously supplier evalutations
- Drive supplier relationships and communication to achieve improved flow of goods
- Sourcing of parts, materials, consumables and equipment when required to meet the specifications, quality, price and lead time
- Manage our supplier portfolio mix and challenge single or multi sourcing strategy
- Continuosly develop our processes and ensure a good contract management
- Continuosly seeking new ways to improve operational efficiency and supplier communication to be the best partner
- Identify and support improvements across departments
- Work in close partnership in Hästens matrix organization
- Support collaboration both within Supply chain and other functions
- Responsible for training suppliers in Hästens standards and ensure that they are met according to our expectations
- Communicate with other departments about status and actions taken
- Secure highest product quality according to Spirit of Hästens
- Purchasing price development
- On time delivery from suppliers (inbound performance %)
Skills and requirements
- Positive mindset and high level of energy
- Love improving product quality
- Service-oriented and autonomous to drive for results while remaining detail-oriented
- Strong objective and key results setting skills (OKR)
- Strong communication and follow-up attitude
- High standard of cultures and values
- Highly creative and innovative even under time pressure
- Utmost customer-focus - both towards internal customers and external customers
- Adaptable to rapid change and priorities
- Ability to keep up with fast-paced cadence
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly organized, strong in time-management
- Curiosity for learning
- True team-player
- Bachelor or master’s degree in industrial engineering, Supply chain knowledge is a strong plus
- 3+ years’ experience of purchasing (preferably within both B2B and B2C and retail FMCG but not a must)
- Experience in the high-end furniture or textile segment is a plus
- Experience in using tools such as Microsoft Office365, Salesforce, Tableau
- Ability to communicate with and on all levels of the organization
- Good communication skills, written and spoken in English and Swedish
- Ability to work independently and well in team
- Willingness and ability to travel when required
- Excellent relationships building skills
- Change management, drive change in a close collaboration with other departments in Hästens
- Have a holistic way of working with supply chain
- Understanding of inventory management
About Hästens Beds
Sleep may be today’s ultimate modern luxury. But it’s more than that; it’s a biological necessity and the foundation of our entire wellbeing. We want people to sleep well so that they can create the future they dream of upon waking. That’s why our master craftsmen consider and handcraft every detail of our bespoke designs using only the finest natural materials.
We are proud to be a world-class international brand, operating in more than 40 countries with over 300 partners in Europe, Asia, America and Africa – and still growing.
If you want to join our exciting journey and a fantastic team, please upload your CV with a short cover letter. Due to GDPR, we only accept applications through our career page. Do not wait too long with your application as interviews are held continuously.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits program.
Commitment Hästens Beds is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status.