Do you dream of changing peoples’ lives through extraordinary sleep?
At Hästens, we strive for a world where people sleep well – one that’s more joyful, peaceful and loving. Every day since 1852, we continue to hone our world-class craft in our factory in Köping, Sweden.
Join our tribe of extraordinary creative thinkers and visionaries to embody the Spirit of Hästens: an open mind, global outlook and a desire to master our craft and enhance people’s well-being.
Together, let’s awaken the world.
About the role
We are looking for a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist to process and manage the company’s payroll to ensure timely and accurate processing of the entire payroll for Hästens employees and consultants in countries outside of Sweden in accordance with company policies and local legislative requirements. You will work in synergy with team members from different departments, in particular Finance and HR departments, to perform various duties including calculation of wages based on e.g. hours worked, commissions and bonuses and administer payments, and cooperate closely with our local payroll partners.
- Calculate sales commissions and bonuses
- Collate and follow-up review and approvals of commission statements
- Send commission statements to sales representatives
- Provide summary of monthly commission and bonuses to payroll processors
- Collate data from HR
- Attend monthly payroll updates
- Supervise and direct payroll teams (both internal and external)
- Send monthly payroll journals and holiday accruals to accountants and provide information on salary accruals as necessary
- Be knowledgeable about and understand new legislation impacting payroll
- Ensure payroll is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Oversee the preparation of payroll related documents
- Monitor the accurate processing of staff appointments, transfers, promotions and terminations
- Maintain accurate account balances
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements
- Resolve issues relating to payroll production
- Attend to payroll-related inquiries and other ad-hoc requests
- Provide support on external audits
Skills and requirements
- 3+ years of experience from international work supporting with similar tasks for different countries.
- People management skills and the ability to work in a team
- Accurate documenting skills and attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in managing processes
- Accounting and finance skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Excel proficiency
- Able to use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency
- Can be trusted with sensitive information
- Have great communication skills to interact with colleagues and executives
- BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus
- Able to travel to Sweden and/or other countries if needed for meetings and trainings for example.
About Hästens Beds
Sleep may be today’s ultimate modern luxury. But it’s more than that; it’s a biological necessity and the foundation of our entire wellbeing. We want people to sleep well so that they can create the future they dream of upon waking. That’s why our master craftsmen consider and handcraft every detail of our bespoke designs using only the finest natural materials.
We are proud to be a world-class international brand, operating in more than 40 countries with over 300 partners in Europe, Asia, America and Africa – and still growing.
If you want to join our exciting journey and a fantastic team, please upload your CV with a short cover letter. Due to GDPR, we only accept applications through our career page. Do not wait too long with your application as interviews are held continuously.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits program.
Commitment Hästens Beds is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status.