Do you dream of changing peoples’ lives through extraordinary sleep?
At Hästens, we strive for a world where people sleep well – one that’s more joyful, peaceful and loving. Every day since 1852, we continue to hone our world-class craft in our factory in Köping, Sweden.
Join our tribe of extraordinary creative thinkers and visionaries to embody the Spirit of Hästens: an open mind, global outlook and a desire to master our craft and enhance people’s well-being.
Together, let’s awaken the world.
About the role
Join us during a time of exciting worldwide expansion as a Retoucher. In this role, within our Creative Studio team, you will maintain the visual integrity of our assets across all marketing channels. Your communication and organization skills, and attention to detail will combine to deliver compelling imagery and enhance the overall brand aesthetic. You will utilize your experience, retouching expertise & your desire for absolute perfection to bring images to life across editorial, print, in-store, OOH and digital/e-commerce. You will also have the opportunity to partake in upcoming photo & film productions and be a creative liaison in how we shape our visual storytelling, while always striving for the highest level of quality. You have a strong point of view on image quality, colour theory & best process for optimal results, & when you get started, you see your vision through all the way to the finish line.
Hästens is in a high-growth phase as a company, so this position will be pivotal in supporting the global teams responsible for executing the organizational growth.
- Using Adobe Photoshop, perform complex image work, deliver colour accuracy across deliverables, and occasionally combine multiple exposures and replace environments/backgrounds
- Receive creative direction from Photographers, Creative Studio Lead and Creative Director and implement any changes necessary
- Review current standards and practices against industry standards and recommend changes to stay up-to-date and optimize efficiency
- Maintain digital asset file organization through our media bank, naming conventions, colour space, crop, file size and other technical specifications
- Production of consistent, high-quality results in a timely manner
- Familiarizing yourself with our current photo guidelines, previous, current, and upcoming asset productions to build a fundamental understanding of the level of quality we expect
- Ensure colour consistency across product collections, matched to fabric samples, and across traditional and digital finishing
- Work with Photographers and external retouching agencies and colour grading studios to maintain full visual integrity when working through external vendors
- On set quality assurance and color expert
- Provide input and insights for upcoming content productions to ensure a smooth post-production workflow
- Opportunity to impact future photo and film productions if desired
Skills and requirements
- Expert with Photoshop on MacOS, proficient with all other Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Highly proficient in all aspects of digital image quality control and output. File size, light, color balance, and retouching
- 5+ years of commercial retouching experience
- A portfolio with before/after samples that demonstrates your ability to bring to life premium visuals, including commercial still life, editorial & lifestyle imagery
- Fluent in English and Swedish
- Familiarity with all studio tools, lighting, technical software and systems
- Formal photography schooling is a big plus; a four-year degree is preferable in any of the following concentrations: Communication Arts, Photography, Fine Arts
- Interest for video editing and colour grading is a plus
- Experience in using tools such as macOS and Microsoft Office365 (Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint/OneDrive), Slack, Zoom, Social Media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, WeChat, TikTok)
- History of self-initiated projects is a plus
About Hästens Beds
Sleep may be today’s ultimate modern luxury. But it’s more than that; it’s a biological necessity and the foundation of our entire wellbeing. We want people to sleep well so that they can create the future they dream of upon waking. That’s why our master craftsmen consider and handcraft every detail of our bespoke designs using only the finest natural materials.
We are proud to be a world-class international brand, operating in more than 40 countries with over 300 partners in Europe, Asia, America and Africa – and still growing.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits program.
Commitment Hästens Beds is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status.