Do you dream of changing peoples’ lives through extraordinary sleep?
At Hästens, we strive for a world where people sleep well – one that’s more joyful, peaceful and loving. Every day since 1852, we continue to hone our world-class craft in our factory in Köping, Sweden.
Join our tribe of extraordinary creative thinkers and visionaries to embody the Spirit of Hästens: an open mind, global outlook and a desire to master our craft and enhance people’s well-being.
Together, let’s awaken the world.
About the role
The Store Experience department at Hästens design and develop a consistent store experience for all our stores around the world. Here you will find Store Designers and Visual Merchandisers that work together with the Global Customer & Marketing team and Sales. Everyone collaborates to create inspiring Hästens stores for each specific location.
Store Experience is a dynamic place where hundreds of new Hästens stores are designed every year. And thanks to the company's goal of expanding 100% every year, we expect to have a lot to do in the future.
We are now looking for a Store Designer at Store Experience.
Join us during a time of exciting worldwide expansion as Store Designer. In this role within our Store Experience team and part of the Global Customer & Marketing team, you will primarily create inspiring store layouts and deliver architectural details in drawings, specifications and guidelines according to needs and briefs.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create high quality store layouts with regards to Hästens store concept, customer experience, architectural features, and country conditions in line with guidelines and always pushing for the best possible store experience
- Ensure drawings are delivered in time and have the right quality.
- Execute technical drawings for store build-outs and the store design concept.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in the larger Customer & Marketing department, Sales team and Supply Chain.
- Manage several projects simultaneously
- In charge of building, modelling, setting up, structuring and maintaining the ArchiCAD Library and templates.
Skills and requirements
- 5+ year of professional experience in a similar role
- Positive mindset and high level of energy
- A passion for retail and an interest in what drives the customer experience and ultimately sales in a store
- An eye for aesthetics and spatiality
- Doer with a high working capacity and a drive for constant improvements.
- Service-oriented and autonomous to drive for results while remaining detail-oriented
- Utmost customer-focus - both towards internal customers and external customers (“engage-to-convert”)
- Adaptable to rapid change and priorities
- Ability to keep up with fast-paced cadence
- Highly organized, strong in time-management
- Curiosity for learning
- True team-player
- Excellent at managing projects, setting realistic timelines and multi- task
- Analytical mindset
- University degree (Bachelor/Master) in Architecture, Interior Design, Design or a closely related field
- At least 3+ year of professional experience in ArchiCAD and SketchUp
- Strong track record in planning and executing retail architecture projects that deliver a superior customer experience (portfolio of projects is required)
- Proficient in working with tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Ps, Ai, Id), Microsoft Office365 (Teams, Planner, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint/OneDrive), Zoom, Mac Keynote and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Position can be based in Stockholm, Västerås or other city’s close to Köping, Sweden
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work across CET, US & Canada Eastern, Central, and Pacific Time Zones
About Hästens Beds
Sleep may be today’s ultimate modern luxury. But it’s more than that; it’s a biological necessity and the foundation of our entire wellbeing. We want people to sleep well so that they can create the future they dream of upon waking. That’s why our master craftsmen consider and handcraft every detail of our bespoke designs using only the finest natural materials.
We are proud to be a world-class international brand, operating in more than 40 countries with over 300 partners in Europe, Asia, America and Africa – and still growing.
If you want to join our exciting journey and a fantastic team, please upload your CV with a short cover letter and a two minute video presentation (all in English) as soon as possible. Due to GDPR, we only accept applications through our career page. Do not wait too long with your application as interviews are held continuously.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits program.
Commitment Hästens Beds is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.