Export & Shipping Specialist - Köping
Do you dream of changing peoples’ lives through extraordinary sleep?
At Hästens, we strive for a world where people sleep well – one that’s more joyful, peaceful and loving. Every day since 1852, we continue to hone our world-class craft in our factory in Köping, Sweden.
Join our tribe of extraordinary creative thinkers and visionaries to embody the Spirit of Hästens: an open mind, global outlook and a desire to master our craft and enhance people’s well-being.
Together, let’s awaken the world.
About the role
The Export & Shipping Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating shipments to all export countries outside EU from our central warehouse in Borås and together with our 3PL warehouses.
The position requires being structured, flexible, creative and inspired to serving both internal members and external key points.
- Responsible to coordinate and book shipments
- Checking the system daily and plan orders for shipments in advance
- Coordinate between sales, production planning, order management and the warehouses for on-time deliveries
- Book standard transport in TA system with forwarders
- Pre book container loads and secure capacity and equipment
- Handle special transport and be an important part to drive solutions in bigger complex shipments and projects
- Responsible to issue shipping documents for customs
- Issue invoice to forwarders for export declaration
- Issue certificates in Chamber of Commerce system
- Issue customs documents in TDS System
- Issue special documents for certain regions for import at the destination
- Responsible to notify customers and follow up on time deliveries
- Notify customer with shipping documents and estimated time of arrival for the import
- Keep customer informed if any discrepancies occur during transport
- Responsible for freight invoices and costs
- Calculate freight charges and add on orders
- Approve freight invoices in the finance portal
- Follow up on pricing and cost with forwarders
- Responsible to handle transport damages
- Coordinate with claim department regarding replacement for damaged goods
- Contact with insurance companies for documentation and regress for reimbursement of damaged goods
- Set up lead time for transport and zones on each customer
Skills and requirements
- 3+ years of experience within transportation planning and export handling
- 3 + years’ experience with ERP and TA systems
- 3 + experience in customs related rules
- Experience within distribution and logistics is an advantage
- Experience within e-commerce is an advantage
- Fully energized and committed
- Willing to drive change and improvements
- Technical literacy a must (i.e., ERP and TA system, Excel, Keynote, etc.)
- Possibility to travel is required
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Well organized with a hands-on problem-solving attitude
- Flexible and can meet internal and statutory deadlines
Sleep may be today’s ultimate modern luxury. But it’s more than that; it’s a biological necessity and the foundation of our entire wellbeing. We want people to sleep well so that they can create the future they dream of upon waking. That’s why our master craftsmen consider and handcraft every detail of our bespoke designs using only the finest natural materials.
We are proud to be a world-class international brand, operating in more than 40 countries with over 300 partners in Europe, Asia, America and Africa – and still growing.